If you are looking for Tyler Texas karate near me in the East Texas area, then you’re either looking to pick up a new hobby or get back into it. If you are looking to take up karate, then you are probably wondering which dojo to go to. You are going to want a karate home that has a few different things.
The first thing you want to look for is a dojo that adheres to the five tenants of taekwondo. These tenants on how one should act whenever practicing the art. The next thing you will want to look for is a dojo that is good at what they do. Lucky for you, here at Tiger-Rock, we are one of the leading academies in the state of Texas. Lastly, Taekwondo is a sport and by default a workout. But why should you come here for your workout as opposed to a regular gym? We’re going to tell you with some good old fashion stats!
The five tenants of Taekwondo are as follows:
Courtesy 여의 (ye-wee)
As a person practicing Taekwondo, the art form expects you to show courtesy to everyone inside of the dojo.
Integrity 염치 (yom-chee)
You must be able to stand up for what is ethically correct and be able to implement honesty in your training.
Perseverance 인냬 (een-nay)
During your training in Taekwondo, you will come across instances where you have to push yourself. Being able to persevere through these difficulties is imperative to the lifestyle of Taekwondo.
Self Control 극기 (gook-gee)
Being able to keep your self in check is important to in practice. Not only your physicality but also your emotions.
Indomitable Spirit 백절불굴 (beckjool boolgool)
Having an indomitable spirit is to give all you can give at all times. Also, you must exude the ability to be able to stand up for what you believe in.
As you can see, these are all important characteristics to have. But more importantly, these are important character traits to have in life. That goes to show that Taekwondo transcends into your everyday life both on and off the mat.
Leading The State
Since you are joining a new organization, you probably want to know why we’re so great outside of what we provide.
We are one of the Taekwondo academies leading the state of Texas. We have accomplished this, by doing two things:
- Proficient Training
- Care For Our students
We take great pride in how we train our students. We want to push them to reach their own goals of fitness or personal well-being. However, one of our main goals is to get them to be the best martial artists that they can be. We want them to be able to perform at the highest level they can and to be confident in knowing how to defend themselves.
We can tell you all the benefits that you will get from practicing Takewondo. But don’t take our word for it. Here are some statistics that will prove with science that Taekwondo is one of the best things that you can into.
- About 18.1 million Americans participated in a form of martial arts at least once in the past year. Adults made up 5% of this group.
- In four studies surveying 112 people over the age 40 who participated in tae kwon do, all of the studies indicated improvements in balance, the ability to stand for a longer period of time, and reaction time
- Middle-aged adults who regularly participated in a Korean martial art — Taekwondo — who practiced at least twice a week for the three prior years—had greater strength, balance, flexibility, aerobic capacity, and less body fat.
The numbers are there. You gain so much physically and even will improve on things that you might not have known you needed improvement on. The other half that you gain is all through your mentality.
Mental Health Benefits
- Heightened Self-Esteem – martial arts practice builds a sense of self-confidence that makes you feel better about your abilities as a person
- Improved Cognitive Function – cognitive abilities are how a person processes problem-solving and learning. Having to learn and think quickly while sparring carries over into the life outside the dojo
- Stronger Self-Discipline – to be great in anything it takes at least a decent amount of training. The same is for martial so much so that it is a main practice within the dojo
- Better Focus – since you are doing so many technical moves over and over, you must have undivided attention. The practice of unwavering focus is prominent in Taekwondo, and it will spill into all aspects of life.
- Ability to Set & Meet Goals – setting goals is the easy part. Actually setting out a plan to make them a reality and putting in the work to make it happen is much more difficult. Using all of the other skills you gain from Taekwondo will help you to better make and reach your goals.
Welcome to Tiger Rock Tyler Texas Karate Near Me
So now you know all you need to know about Tiger Rock. We hope to see you pulling up to our driveway. When you’re here, we’ll give you all of the rest of the information you need. Once you step inside our doors, you will feel that you belong here right away. If you’d rather call us first, we can be reached at (903) 509-8782.
When you visit us, we can show you how our students practice and execute the five tenants of taekwondo. From the professionalism of our staff and instructors — who you’ll eventually call shifu — you’ll see why we are one of the martial arts academies leading the state. Finally, you will get to talk to some of our existing students. You can get those face-to-face testimonies about what benefits taekwondo can bring, whether that’s physical fitness or otherwise. Once we set you up for your classes, you’ll be wondering where we were your whole life. The fact is that Tyler Texas karate near me has been right in your backyard the whole time.